My Book Therapy (MBT) Voices E-zine Writers Guidelines
Contributing writers must be a MBT Voice. To join our writing community, please go to www.mybooktherapy.ning.com.
1. Articles are submitted on a “for consideration” basis. You will be notified if your article is accepted for publication.
2. Articles will be edited to fit the flow and format of the Voices e-zine.
3. At this time, we are unable to offer financial compensation. However, your article will be tweeted, linked to Facebook, and you may include a link to your website in your author bio. Additionally, you will be listed as a contributor in that issue.
4. Your article should include a 20-25-word hook paragraph.
5. In your cover, please explain how your article fits with the theme of the issue.
6. Please include a 25-word bio and a headshot should your article be chosen.
7. Please send all articles as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with E-zine Query in the subject line and your cover letter in the body of the email.
8. Word count for articles: Most articles are limited to 500 words. Unless assigned a higher word count, articles over 500 words will not be considered for publication.
9. Please follow these writing guidelines:
a. Upper-left hand corner: Author name/author e-mail/word count
b. Centered and capitalized title
c. Double spaced
d. 12-point Times New Roman
e. Black font
f. Include all applicable hotlinks, i.e. publishers, authors’ sites, other sites, books
g. Please provide a list of applicable tags for your article
6. No article submitted after deadline will be considered for publication. Our editing team works on a tight deadline.