- Bill Giovenetti: I have a non-fiction project based on Joseph’s life by a major publisher. I’m now officially a devotional writer for Daily Guideposts 2014. 6-7 devotionals in this perennial bestseller. The editor, after reviewing my submissions, wrote, “Surprisingly (since I have edits for everybody), I have no edits for you …” She went on to specify what she liked about my devotionals, so another Yay, God!
- Cathy Shouse: I entered the Harlequin “sweet romance” line’s Fast Track competition and submitted my first chapter, which the editors promised to read in a month. On May 17th, they said my writing ”shows promise” and requested a partial. I’m studying writing in a number of ways, with classes and books and more. I do credit this mini success with some of what I’ve learned at MBT. Also, one of Susie May’s books was inspiring to me.
- Connie Almony: I received an Honorable Mention in the WOW Winter 2012 Flash Fiction contest,beating out at least 250 other entries. Though the entry was entitled “Why Not to Kiss on a Park Bench” for the contest, you can read it on her site, InfiniteCharacters.com, as “Harold and Violet.”
- Erynn Newman: I had the best month ever! I found out I’m a finalist in the RWA “Touched by Love” contest, attended the BRMCWC and got two offers of representation, requests for my proposal from three editors, a new mentor, and three offers for endorsement by three of my favorite authors.
- Jeris Hamm: I received 2nd place for my middle grade novel at the Blue Ridge Mountains Chrisitian Writer’s conference. I was very pleasantly surprised about the award and excited to meet Susan at the conference. I’ve also guest posted on the Kentucky Christian Writers Conference blog.
- Jessica Keller: I’m celebrating a first sale! I sold to Love Inspired. My book will be titled “Home for Good” and will release in February 2013. All the encouragement and advice I’ve received from My Book Therapy has been an essential part in my journey to publication.
- Lisa Carter: I received a three-book contract for her romantic suspense novels with Abingdon Press. My debut romance novel, “Aloha Rose,” releases in the Fall of 2013.
Let’s Shout it Out
Let’s celebrate the milestones achieved by our Voices!